It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

Skyline Conditions November 24, 2006 

Post Skyline Conditions November 24, 2006
A few of the crew went up to Skyline today after yesterdays storm front...apparently there was no new snow but the cold winds and a melt/freeze cycle has created a solid base decent for Snowkiting. While only 6-10 inches deep, the snow covered most of the terrain and any rocks were easily visible and avoidable. It is still lawn mower season with bushes sticking thru the snow 3 feet high, my pre-season riding advice is to keep your ski tips together when navigating between brush!

With a fresh coat of snow forecasted for Monday, and the first big storm of the season at that, Skyline should be in good shape from here on out.

I must say that when I first arrived on scene today, I was sketched. It looked unridable... but the winds were on and we gave it a go. By the end of the day I was pulling a Gilligan...out on a 3 hour tour, lost among the islands of snow miles down the ridge. For the first true day of Snowkiting at Skyline I was psyched, we went up to the top of Boscos and got to play with the gliding capabilities of the Manta, and put in some miles as usual. All I could ask for is a little more snow...keep your fingers crossed for the weather channels forecast!

Anyway, the Backcountry Jam will go on as scheduled, with kite demos and BBQ at the summit next weekend. More to follow on that....

Windzup,
Brian Schenck
http://www.windzup.com

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:59 pm