[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - How do you jump high!!!!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:38 pm

How do you jump high!!!! 

Man... the Snowkite masters was so fun!!! Chasta was a really cool guy to meet and he was teaching me all sorts of stuff. also James brown and mots were there along with Alex Peterson and the Editor for kiteboarding mag! I met all of them and it was cool. There wasn't anyone in my division ,so all I had to do was complete the corse and I won and lost at the same time! It was cool because I went to award seramoney thinking I would only get my money back, but I got a ton of stuff. I am so happy!!! :D
I landed a 360 and seeing chasta doin all of his crazy stuff was great!!
Oh yeah and I landed a 720 too!!!!!!chasta gave me tips on how to jump higher and sense I was using my brothers kites all weekend, I was so over powered, but I kept it under control...kind of. He flipped my kite and all sorts of stuff all day. He is one cool guy! some day I'll be just like him!!

Hopefully!

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:45 pm

thats sweet! Glad you had fun at the masters, I wish I could have made it, next year......

I met Chasta last year at the rodeo, really cool guy, talked to him a lot, and hes always trying to help others push their riding and spread the stoke. Motz and James and also some cool guys. Ive ridden with Motz a few times before, and I got to know James a lot better this year at the Rodeo as well, hes a cool guy for sure.

Once you learn how to control being overpowered, you never want to go back to underpowered again, especially in powdery conditions. We have about 2 feet of fresh snow here right now and its the greatest thing thats ever happened to our snowkiting, we are used to kiting on 1-2 inches of hard pack with ice patches to the point that when you send it, you get yanked off your edge before you can really get any pop, now its just plain out amazing!

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:03 pm

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:39 pm

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:22 pm

Heres a pick of me grabbin a little tailfish-
Front hand still on the bar, bring your board to you more than you usually would on the mountain. Grabbing your heelside edge to me at least is easier because I think it allows you to bring your board up easier, when toeside I usually have to tweak it and really bend over to do like indy grabs and stuff. hope this helps.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:29 pm

Sounds good! I'll try a little harder at the therapy sessions so maby I'll just pick it up on the weekend.
My next ? is kite loops... do you just use them to land or can you start your jump with them? I noticed that my brothers foil has a lot more pop to it. but maby just because it is twice the size of my kite!

I would like to introduce you that my brother.Finally registered and his name online is coloradokiter. His real name is Bret. :wink:

Can't wait for the sessions!!! :shock: ...just need to jump...high!

Fly like a bird!!!
thanks Kris
Nice pic!!!

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:16 pm

Oh yea it was really fun at the Masters because I got in a snowball fight with Alex Peterson, Zeal goggle man, spectators, my bro, and the editor for kiteboarding mag! The editor stunck around and gave me a white wash, but I got some snow in his face!!!

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:44 pm

Send the kite normall but a little further back in the window, but instead of pulling with your front hand, yank hard with your back. This will be much easier to learn with a smaller kite, and especially a bow/hybrid style becuase of the way it turns on axis, it wont give you the same amount of pull and whip like a bigger C kite will. Start small, I learned them hooked in, thats problably easier, and do it underpowerd as well. When your just learning it doesnt matter if your doing it on a foot high jump and the kite might only get part way around the loop, but it gives you the feel for it and you go bigger and bigger from there.

Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:56 pm

Little Kiter, sounds like you're going off, sweet. And to think at the beginning of the season you were just starting to jump.

Glad you were able to make it the Masters. What a sweet spot and it sounded like you hung with some of the worlds best snowkiters. Alex is our local boy who done good. He's from just down the road from Hunter. He's an amazing rider...as well as Aaron, Chasta, Patrick, Motz and so many of the crew that was hitting it out there. Must have been cool to ride with them.

Love the new T2. Definitely more stable than last years, yet has all the same qualities, super easy relaunch, huge range, fast turning,etc etc. Definitely has more boost and hang time. I think some of the stability came from a deeper draft, which probably also ads to the boost. Decreases it's speed in the air a bit, but that just makes it smoother all round. Hopefully they'll have some demos for you a the Therapy Sessions.

ride on

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:12 pm

The therapy sessions were a lot of fun! I was on the turbo 2 11 meter all weekend... I was overpowered and jumped huge. I jumped about 10-15 feet one time.
I tried a few kite loops,but timed them wrong and ate some snow. I got my 360 down pretty well, but I didn't know if I would go one foot or ten so it was sketchy.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:47 pm

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:38 pm

wow, sounds like you had a blast. Glad you like the T2. These early ones are just preproduction samples. I've heard they lightened the bar pressure a tad on the production 11m. What a sweet kite eh?

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:22 pm

Yea it was cool but no one my age was there :cry: ,so i had no compotition, but maby i'll meet someone my age sometime that is doing it.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:29 pm

The snow at dillon is all gone so Snowkiting this year is done for me...I would love to go a lot longer ,but there's just none left...it all was gone in one week because of all the high temperature days, probably averaging 65* F,...I am so sad, I wanted it to last way longer than it did, but there is nothing I can do about it. STUPID GLOBAL Warming...Why can't everything be wind powered. Any ways I learned a hole lot this year and couldn't have done as much stuff with out the help..so thanks a bunch! Next year I want to exell more than I did this year and hope to have my 720's down by the end of next year...I geuse that I will have to go back to the traner kite and the long board in the parking lot.

Have a fun summer!
ps.1900 views!!! that's a lot!!!

oh yeah and thanks for all the GREAT advise!!!!

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:30 pm