[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - How do you jump high!!!!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 How do you jump high!!!! 

haha the cookies sound good but I dont think im going to be able to make it this year. Ill try but I doubt that its going to happen, I got to go to Montana last weekend so I think thats the only event I can travel to this year. I know Tighe was able to make it last year, but im not sure what his plans are for this year.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:56 pm

Me either Little Kiter. Would love to attend, Anton and the Colorado Kiteforce put on a great event, and I'm just not going to be able to swing it this year. Enjoy it.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:47 pm

You guys know each other! wow it's a small world... are you guys going to make it to the Snowkite Masters in Utah.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:05 pm

haha yea Tighe taught me how to kiteboard, he gave me trainer kite lessons in the beggining and lots of rides to the lakes until I got my license. I was riding with him just today actually at the crossing.

I really wanted to make it out to the snowkite masters as well this year, but unfortunately thats not gonna happen either. Luckily we did just get about a foot of fresh snow here so at least we can ride some great conditions!

Next year I plan to go to snowkite masters and therapy sessions as well.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:55 pm

I may have got you started Hunter but the sick moves you're doing now are all you. I too will unfortunately have to miss the Masters this year but would love to go. You going Little Kiter?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:30 am

Yea I am going for the first time! It sounds really fun! The only bad thing though is that I have to pay for myself, but I know it is worth it! that is pretty cool that you taught hunter! I was wondering...Is it scary doing tantrums??? I mean it seems like you could get off axes and like catch your board in the lines and land on your head and then you'd here a loud *crack*and that would stink...anyways it seems like a huge event and should be a blast! Oh yea and I just relised when I get back from the event then I'll have the Therapy sessions next week. yesterday I was working on the jumps for the therapy sessions and they are a great start! If only we had a bull dozer or something we could have made them in ten minutes.

How was the Kite crossing in Mn???

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:15 pm

A bulldozer or snowcat or something of that sort would be sweet for building jumps, we do it the hard way.....the very hard way, trucking it in from the sides of the lakes so we didnt have to loose our small base the beggining of the year.

I personally am not throwing tantrums, my new trick is the frontrole kiteloop. Someday ill try for some tantrums, not now though, but yea going to try to throw one would be pretty scary.

The crossing was a really fun event. No snow saturday, all ice, then sunday we woke up to a dumping of fresh powder, which made the crossing really fun, and the riding afterwards also very fun. Check out some pics from the event-
http://www.lakawa.com/lakawaphoto/?show=66
http://www.lakawa.com/lakawaphoto/?show=68
Im on a snowboard wearing the black slingshot jacket with grey pants, and Tighe is on the skis with a blue jacket and black pants.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:44 pm

Those are some sweet pictures man! wate till you see the kicker we built this year!!! its about 7feet right now! It took us(meaning Colorado kite crew) all day to build. cant wate to hit it!!!! Do you guys fly Slingshot too? cuz I saw a lot of slingshot kites!
Oh yea, I saw this quote the other day and thought that it made a lot of sense.
"What would life be like if we had no courage to attempt anything?"
Vincent van Gogh

life would stink!!!!

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:19 pm

Yea there are a lot of Minnesota Slingshot riders. Tighe and I both fly slingshot, he was on the new Turbo 2 14m in that pic, and I was flying my 12m Link which I love!

Post some pics up of that kicker! I saw last years crazy big kicker in 2010, looked like a lot of fun. You guys have the 40 foot rainbow set up this year as well? That thing looked sick! I really wanna try hitting it.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:20 pm

thats cool that you guys rid slingshot. I like my Turbo Diesle a lot. is the turbo 2 the same as a turbo diesle? oh yea and the denver water board doesn't like the rails at all so I have no clue if it will be up before the session. they put restrictions on the rails, but they should be up for the sessions in march.

I was thinking about trying a 360 this weekend. I can do them all over the mountian in snowboarding, so I will give it a shot. any tricks to doing them???
thanks

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:02 pm

Personally I think a front role is easier than the backrole, when you go to send the kite it gives you a little whip backwards, which helps your rotation come around going forward. What I do is try to lean more over my shoulder like I was going to do more of a cork on a snowboard, and really try to commit and throw it around. Also, dont forget about your kite, the second I start my trick, i start pulling with my front hand to get the kite back over in the window. It takes some getting used to the whip it gives you, but start small and build your way up. Its a really fun trick.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:54 pm

and they actually did a lot of changes from the turbo deisel to the turbo 2. They have had it in testing for a really long time, and from what I have seen, its really paid off. Looks like a super smooth, solid kite. I havent had the chance to ride it yet, but ill put a report when I do. Tight might be able to fill you in more on specific changes and his thoughts on the kite.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:25 pm

Yeah the td 2 sounds really nice. is a front role like a 360?

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:46 pm

Front role is a 360, but when you go and send it, you throw the 360 over your forward shoulder over your backward one. Some people prefer to spin different directions, I personally like to spin front roles more than back roles, but I can do both.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:10 pm

Yea sounds good! with me doing frontside spins on the mountain is a lot easier ,but for most people they like to spot their landing...for me it is easy!
So I don't know which way to sping...I guess I'll try both! :)

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:47 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next