[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - looking for a beginners kite
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 pm

looking for a beginners kite 

well, I finally ordered a kite, got a 7m Montana off of ebay, probably too much kite to learn with, but it was the best deal I found, I'll just have to take my time and be careful while learning I guess, now I just gotta get a harness, hopefully I'll get everything by next weekend, I'll let ya know how it goes. Thanks for all the advice, it was a lot of help.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:07 am

I have a 7M Montana and love it, but if you don't know how to fly a kite at all I wouldn't bring that thing out in any winds higher than about 6 to 8 mph. The Montana will pick you up and toss you around like a little rag doll if you put it in the wrong spot (in the window). Any cheap little trainer will teach you what you need to know, and the advantage to starting without a harness is that when you accidentally drop it into the power zone it will only get jerked out of your hands rather than dragging you, but it's all fun (even the dragging!). Good times!

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:03 pm

Post Power Kite
I know this might be a little late but it has been my experience that if you
are going to go with the montana kite. The 07 Montana 2 is quite a bit
better than the 06 model. No comparison. Some people said last year
that the 06 Montana was like a Frenzy. This wasn't the case. The 06 Montana was kinda a dog compaired to the Frenzy. How ever the new 07 Montana 2 was reshaped and fine tuned quite a bit. Now I would have to
say that they are about the same except for the price. I know a place that
has new and used Montana 2 kites if you were ever looking in the future.
here is the link.

What ever you buy I hope you have a great time flying. After all it is all about
the fun of power kiting

kz

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:52 pm