[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - ozone frenzy or acess - what should i get {and why?}
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:55 pm

ozone frenzy or acess - what should i get {and why?} 

Post ozone frenzy or acess - what should i get {and why?}
what should i get and why? - have only used inflatable c kites on the snow - slingshot fuel 13m and a 6m wipika. cause i had 4 four line kite when they crashed leading edge down it was a nightmare
so i want a foil now - heaps lighter and hey i don't have to pump them up either.
but which one?

ian

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:31 pm

depends on your riding style, if you want little lift, go with access, the frenzy's going to be more than happy to pick you up and let you fly. I know, that's not helpful, but that's a 2 second review of the differences. They changed the safety system in 05, so look for 05-on for increased safety.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:13 am

If your older kites were c-kites thats why they were hard to relaunch if that was your problem. you have to look at the pro's and con's though.for example, foil kites will fly in lower winds than a infladable, but if your foil kite stalls then it completely loses its shape and is basically a cloth in the air. when that happens all sorts of bad things happen...bow tie, invert, etc.on the other hand inflatables might not fly as well in low winds but at least when they stall it has less of a chance to invert, and it still holds its shape. thats my perspective on kites. just remmber that know kite is perfect. all kites have flaws!

Kris H.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:56 pm

i wasn'y exactly spolied for choice down here {Australia} the only shop in Sydney who had any stock only had a 7.5m frenzy {but he could order one from overseas}. so naturarlly i bought it the owner said it would go really well even though he's never seen snow before.....i pick it up tomorrow once there's snow here i'll let you know how it went

ian

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:00 pm

I think that's a fine choice, it'll be big enough to jump with, but not so big that you'll be afraid to fly it more than 3 days a year... Sounds good

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:38 pm

just unpacked it- first time looking closely at a foil there sure are a lot of strings involved in the bridle...i'm taking it down the beach this afternoon for a test run. i got a mate who rides a foil on the water and he's more excited than me as he's always the only one riding a foil on the water, everyone has LEI's here for the water. snowkite? they say ... where's the snow is what people have been saying last couple of weeks..

ian

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:44 pm

how does your friend ride a foil on the water..? when he crashes it doesn't it sink?

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:35 pm

depends how he crashes most times i've seen it go down he gets it straight back up. as long as the tension is still in the line and there's wind he never has a problem. though last November we were out and the wind died completly took me about half an hour to paddle in on my kite self rescue. Ray spent about 2 hours coming in as the kite was more or less just sinking and he wouldn't let it go. about 10 of us got stuck that day and we watched Ray struggle the last hour with another guy who swum out to help him. local police rescue boat sailed right past them to help some guys in a catarmarang ..

ian

ps- Frenzy goes really well but not quite strong enough to pull me on the water the other day {12-15kts} bit more wind and i'll have a high wind kite for the water and for the snow ... well i have 2/3 more months to find out

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Post 7.5 frenzy 07
hi chronic
i have been flying the 7.5 here in alaska in the snow . and you well have a lot of fun with this kite i am around 165lbs and have been able to fly this kite from 11-21knots . the upper end their is a lot of lift even fully sheeted in . and when i have flowen at elavation 3000 feet and up you can fly in alittle bit higher winds. i am very happy with my kite and it scares the heck out of me at times . be safe and have fun Mr fishface

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:37 am

I got a 12m frenzy last season and had a blast with it. I road it in 5mph and 25 mph and still mannaged. I mean im not typing from the other side. and yea the bow tie sucks. thrill

Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:55 pm