It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

18m HQ Matrixx II ($1,425) 

Post 18m HQ Matrixx II ($1,425)
Used for only 1 week (5 days of use) up in the Bighorns for the 2nd snowkite summit! 18m Matrixx II complete with bar (no leash). - Pics to come

White with blue accents. I was not super happy about a white snowkite but it is iridescent/blueish and seems to reflect the blue light of the sky and become very visible. The chicks at the summit all said it was a good looking kite. My take on the kite is that it is now a killer glider kite over the last years Matrixx I being more freestyle oriented. Almost too much stability but still turns slightly faster than a flysurfer. Call me if you want the whole scoop on the good and bad of this kite.

Update #1 - 1 more day on it in the Bear Tooths near Cooke City, MT. Scary good at flat gliding - if there is too much slope, you would wind up in the next county. Still cannot beat the stability and I did not have a single bad landing. Seems like any blown landing (never hard) would have been solved by turning the kite earlier. And still trying to figure out how to do a single rotation as the kite keeps you up and you get stuck doing doubles.

Matt
(Four-0000-two) 6-ate-six - nin-7-won-fur NO TEXTS

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:46 am