[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - Montana Snowkite Season Begins and water is still going!!!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:51 am

Montana Snowkite Season Begins and water is still going!!! 

Post Montana Snowkite Season Begins and water is still going!!!
The season has officially started on Sunday, Sept. 30. I was able to get up into the Gravelly Range southwest of Ennis and ride 6-7 inches on some big open high mountain praire terrain. There were minimal rocks and a few hunters but otherwise I was undisturbed through out the session. It was 7m weather to boot. To top this off though I met some friends at Ennis Lake and rode a sweet water session in the afternoon. WOW that is fun!!!

Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:07 am

Post Envy
Where's the 'envy' emoticon when I need it?

7 M in September?!!! The libertarian state of Montana has officially bucked the oppression of global warming. According to NOAA, not to be confused with you Noah, predicts northern Idaho and western Montana to have greater than average precip. this winter---looks like you're already seeing it.

Noah, are you going to present your weather know-how at the Skyline Snowkite Summit?

-Eric

PS: Please post one of your signature photo mixes.

Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:52 pm

Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:25 am

Post Brian

Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Yea, Brian, it's nice that hear that you got a snowkite session in last week. Better yet, you doubled up with a stop at Ennis Lake too!

Eric, yea, I've been pretty quiet. I've been out flying my Instinct Edges on the Coast and in the Gorge for the past couple of weeks. Sweeet kites!

I'll be back in Montana soon though and look forward to all the early season snowkite spots.

See ya out there,

Noah

Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:38 am

Post Beartooths
The Beartooth Lake Snotel Site is reporting 9" this morning.

I believe that the pass is closed but access on the Wyoming side is usually maintained for the hunting season all the way to the state line (several miles past Top of the World). I have yet to ride in the snow (total beginner) but some of you veterans may know more about this area with kiting.... If I didn't have an elk tag in a different area i would probably be up there tomorrow...

Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:16 am

Yea, Gumby, two or three of the Bozeman kiters ride up there in the Spring, usually before the highway opens. It can be wild or mellow, depending upon the track of the jet stream.

Right now the Gravellys have about a foot and more is on the way! P.M. me if you want to go out.

Noah

Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:44 am

Well, I tried a spot north of Whitehall this weekend. There was good wind but the snow coverage was slim pickings. I think my sticks may have become rock skis after this trip. At the same time I got my second ride of the year and it is only the 2nd week in October. Pretty sweet. Keep exploring cause there is riding out there to be had!!!!

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:23 am

Post My Pic from the first day back in Early October
Here it is the Pic of me kiting by myself early season.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:50 pm