[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - First Ride (not snow)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm

First Ride (not snow) 

Post First Ride (not snow)
Hey y'all, Thought I'd introduce myself to the foum....
I'm a 42 year old, grey haired outdoor enthusiast and super excited about the upcoming winter. I have yet to get together with other kiters because nobody around here (NW Wyoming) has kites. I've been training w/ a 3m and my skateboard and I'm still afraid of my 6m, 9m, harness and mountain board.
Anyway, thanks for providing this forum and all the input from various users. This is a great resource!

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:28 am

I used a longboard skateboard the other day behind a kite on a paved bike trail - it was a blast! Got up to 24mph with ease.

Just curious - what 6 and 9m kites do you have?

Joe

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:23 am

Post Windgumby's Toys
Hey Joe, I got out yesterday with my 6m Naish Explorer and mountain board. Got my ass kicked!!! Winds where at 20-25 mph and I was totally overpowered. It was a very good exercise none-the-less. The winds died down later so I went to a newly paved subdivision and got some practice w/ my harness, skateboard and 3m Best Trainer.
I also have a 9m Peter Lynn C-Qaud that I have yet to fly. I have a very limited budget to start my new hobbie. I have purchased all my toys thru ebay and I've spent less than $500 for three kites, mountain board w/ wheels and ice blades and a DaKine Fusion Harness. I really don't know how my 6m and 9m kites will perform considering they are used and are 3-5 years old. I'm hoping they will work well enough in the snow to give me an idea of this sports potential in this area.
The snow is flying in the mountains as I'm typing this... I'm very tempted to not hunt elk this weekend so I can ski... The Beartooths and Bighorns should have enough snow by Saturday for some action...

Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 am

Sounds great! What do you mean by Ice Blades? An attachment for your mountainboard? If so, I would like to see some pictures!

Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:51 am

Post Board w/blades
These blades look pretty low-budget. I have no idea how they will perform...

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:06 am

Here are a few good iceboarding pics:

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:51 am