[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - Gumby gets some schooling
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:14 am

Gumby gets some schooling 

Post Gumby gets some schooling
I met up with Jim from Steep World (Billings, MT Ozone dealer), Brian and Heather from Widzup (US Ozone distributors), Noah, Patrick and several others for a session on the Bighorn Mtns. This was my very first time out with other kiters... Can you say INSPIRATIONAL.
Jim let me abuse three of his kites and I can't thank him enough for this. Heather schooled me on the safety features of their superb kites and shared a beer. Thank You!
Brian announced that where we were (between Baldy and Little baldy at the Daton Gulch turn-off) was "THE very best site in the Lower 48 that he has seen."
Snow conditions were slightly better than the previous weekend and I would still call it marginal (4-6 inches, exposed grassy areas, deeper in the small ravines and leeward slopes.)

Thanks again to all and this is what I learned.

1.) Stop buying crap on ebay and save up for Ozones.
2.) Training for several months has saved my ass and Jim's kites.
3.) I'm still a gumby...

Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:18 am

Hey Gumby, I was going to make that trip with Tony and Noah but i couldnt get the time off of school, Sorry i missed it. I heard that it was great,

Yeah i had a similar experience when i met up with Brian and Heather for the first time over Five years ago, It was inspirational to see how other kiters used their kites. How they made power. What sizes they were flying in different wind and snow conditions. Its great to fly with other kiters and learn from them, and with crew you were flying with is some of the best to learn from. Anywhere.

Ozone's Foil kite lineup Rocks this year !!

later, Joel

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:20 pm