[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - Grand Forks Kiting (Kings Walk Golf course closed)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 am

Grand Forks Kiting (Kings Walk Golf course closed) 

Post Grand Forks Kiting (Kings Walk Golf course closed)
Well i had a nice cruzing ride at one of my favorite places in town yesterday, King's Walk Golf Course. Unfortunately for the first time in the 3 seasons i have been riding there I was asked to leave. Aparently our riding there was doing some damage that they had to repair in the spring. The guy was pretty nice about it and even said we could ride on the north side of the course between the school and the course where there is no developed hole.

So if anyone plans on going back there to ride you may want to think twice. No need for them to get angry with the kiters in the area and ruin the great freedom of places to ride we already enjoy.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:42 am

Post Re: Grand Forks Kiting (Kings Walk Golf course closed)
Hey Kenny!

Too bad to lose the best place in Grand Forks. Oh well, I think that we're all pretty sensible... there's no need to damage their property. Hmm... alternatives... I was just thinking about that field/park in East Grand Forks where we held an 'event' last year. It's public property, so I don't think there are any problems with it.

[googlemap]http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=47.919283,-97.00991&spn=0.006112,0.017681&t=h&z=16[/googlemap]

There's always Devil's Lake...

Thanks for spreading the word.

-Eric

Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Yeah that place was fun if we can get smoothe wind otherwise a hassle. Found another fun park though behind the target. Its a nice piece of grass and can connects to a field and is divided by a giant 12-15 foot deep flood control ditch that makes an awesome natural half pipe to play in. Still havnt hit it up on a strong wind day but still had a blast.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 6&t=h&z=16

Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:11 pm

I remeber that spot. Is there enough snow right now?

If not, I suggest heading north. There's supposed to be a 19 inch base a Pebina.

I know KiteND.com is down, so feel free to use snowkiting.com to update us on what's happeining up there.

Ride on,
Eric

Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:49 pm

Sorry to get off topic, I'm looking for any local snowkiters to interveiw for a story for the Bismarck Tribune. Would be nice to find someone in Bismarck but anyone in ND will do. To get in touch with me please send contact info to james.ziegler@bismarcktribune.com

Thanks,

James Ziegler

Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:28 pm

This video cracks me up...
Check out "Snowkiting at Huff Hills"

Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:19 pm