It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 pm

Speed 2 need help in picking which model. 

Post Speed 2 need help in picking which model.
I've been snowkiting for 3 years. I currently have to kites. I've got a Flysurfer Rookie (the precursor of the Cool) that's 9 meters. I also got a 6 meter Rookie for days when the wind is a bit crazy.

I find that the 9 meter often doesn't give me enough power. I'm thinking of moving up to a bigger kite. Because I'm used to Flysurfer, I'm thinking of going with the Speed2.

I'm thinking of either a 15 meter or a 19 meter. I'm six foot five inches and 225 pounds. I'm in my late 40s and I don't plan on doing any jumping or anything like that. However, I'm a strong skier and like to go fairly fast.

Can anyone give me recommendations on the proper size? :mrgreen:

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Post Re: Speed 2 need help in picking which model.
While I've only flown the Speed 15m, my vote would be to purchase that size in order to use it in a larger range of wind speeds... a 19m flat foil is a lot of lifting area and could be too powerful for higher wind speeds.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:56 pm

Post Re: Speed 2 need help in picking which model.
Thanks for the reply Eric. Since I posted my original query, I have spoken to other snowkiters as well. One of them was suggesting a 12 meter. What do you think of that option. I'm now definitely not going to go with the 19. I've got it narrowed to the 12 & the 15.

As you can see from the previous post, I'm a big guy in my late 40s whose a good skier. I don't find the 9 meter rookie that bad. It's just that it seems to drop out of the ski fairly easily.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:01 am