[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - kiting in Maine
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:13 pm

kiting in Maine 

Post kiting in Maine
I live in fairfield and am looking to get into snow kiting I have done a little on land and only body draging in water but I snowboard and would like to get into snowkiting, any lessons around?

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:43 pm

Post Re: kiting in Maine
ScottyNZ,

I don't know how far you're willing to drive, but there's Powerline Sports () in New Hampshire & Stormboarding ( in Burlington, Vermont. Do you have the "How To Snowkite, Vol. 1" DVD? Its a good place to start.

- Eric

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:06 am
Is there anywhere you can learn?

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:39 pm

http://www.ime-usa.com/imcs/winter/snow_kite.html

check out the link above for the newest kite school in the East with the best terrain options in the East!!!

Feel free to call Zebulon at the International Mountain Climbing School at
603 356 7064
email at guides@ime-use.com

Ask for Zebulon..I am the instructor running the program and I will be happy to get out and get people on the snow kiting safely!

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey Scotty - I live in the Belgrade, ME and I am also looking at getting into snowkiting ...I'm in a similar situation...I've done some land kiting and body dragging in the water. I have a 15M inflatable and it scares the sh:shock: t out of me. It's also a pig to launch by myself. Let me know how you went with the lesson or if you are still looking as I would be interested in also getting a lesson.

Thanks

Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:04 pm

to belgradelaker contact me at scottdownie@roadrunner.com found some good spots to kite in belgrade

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:20 pm

Speaking of kiting in Maine, is anyone planning on kiting in Maine this Saturday? Anywhere from Bangor towards Sugarloaf? I live on MDI and want to get out. I just started last year and am looking to kite with some other people, I am not confident enough to Kite alone, but really would like to enjoy this fresh dumping of snow. Winter is finally here. Post or email mdave@efn.org.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:50 am

mdave I live in the belgrede lakes area and have met one other kiter down here we are just waiting for the lakes to freeze up but if you know of other places to go now contact me at scottdownie@roadunner.com

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:05 am