It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:16 am

briddles 
Post briddles
I'm fairly new to snow kite just waiting for enough snow i just got a another kite about a week and half ago its lightly used foil and have a cupple questions. first of all. my leading edge wing tip bridles were in great shape when i bought the kite but are showing significant ware and tear. im thinking it is just from times when it goes against ground on wing tip. the question is what should i do tho stop fraying and any advice on avoiding this sort of damage.

the next question is I have put about 15 hrs of flying on it in the last 12 days i can control it faily well it is a 7 meter high aspect kite so it is a little finicky but i think its good for a beginner to really get good control. the real question is what types of things could i practice doing i practice sine and figure 8 zenith kite puling me up from siting position and even tough i probably shouldn't i sometimes do small jumps like 1 ft to 3 ft nothing big. i just do this at the local park. ps. there is no where to take lessons till the snow fly the guy that sold me my kite helped me alot with little things i kneed to do. ill take lessons from him when i can. but any advice would be great.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Post Re: briddles
Joshua,

I agree that your plan to keep the front edge off of the ground will help with the fraying. What type of kite do you own?

The advice I received was to learn to fly the kite with my eyes closed... Literally. Do you have a smaller trainer kite? If so, try flying the kite on your back (seriously) and in other precarious positions... Then try to fly blind... Eventually you should be able to FEEL where the kite is. Kite flying should become sort of like riding a bicycle... You don't think about the pedaling a bike, just as you eventually shouldn't need to think about how you're using the control bar.

If you're already to this point with a trainer, than I suggest getting bolder with your 7m. Just make sure you're clear of downwind obstacles.

-Eric
Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:20 am.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:20 am