It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

Climbing harness mod for Dakine 

Post Climbing harness mod for Dakine
For security while hucking the big air, top pilots like Chasta & Whitsy have been using climbing harnesses in addition to their Daking waist harness.

These guys are using the thinner womens climbing harness, as it adds security without any excess bulk.

I have found that I only use the leg loops when I know that I am going to try and jump big or fly.

So heres my mod; I have cut the leg loops off (they can be reattached with a biner if needed). I then took the climbing waist belt and put it thru my Dakine Pyro harness. I had to reach my hand into the harness, where the velcro waist band comes out, and push the climbing harness thru. In this manner my climbing harness is threaded thru the middle of the Pyro, going in between the inner and outer layers.

This creates 2 options. One, after tightening up the velcro waist band, I can just connect the climbing harness buckle, hook in a biner and I'm ready to ride safely. Second, I can connect the climbing harness, and then over the top, I connect in the standard Pyro spreader bar, then I connect my carabiner around the climbing harness loop and the spreader bar. Mostly this allows me the use of the spreader bar hook, while backing it up at the same time.

This system seems to work very well and easy. Plus it keeps the whole setup looking clean.

I'll work on some photos to help clarify...

Windzup,
Brian Schenck

Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:22 am