[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - What do you think of Deuce Snowboards?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 pm

What do you think of Deuce Snowboards? 

Post What do you think of Deuce Snowboards?
Does this have an application to snowkiting?
- Superior edging?
- If you lean back, do you automatically begin to turn?

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:13 am

Post Re: What do you think of Deuce Snowboards?
http://www.deucesnowboards.com/

Has anyone seen this product? Snowkited with it?

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:42 am

It looks like a very interesting concept. However, I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the MSRP for one of these!! I doubt you'll see too many of them around until they lower their price, but it would be cool to hear from someone who's ridden one.

BTW, I live in NW Minnesota. Are there many snowkiters around the Grandforks area?

Jack

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:48 pm

Yeah, we have a gang of snowkiters here in Grand Forks & Fargo. You should come to the DIMENSIONS snowkite film premiere this Thursday at the Empire Arts Theater in Downtown Grand Forks (Doors open at 6:30pm).

Yeah, I was sticker shocked too. The manufacturer is taking pre-orders to have 100 made. I guess manufacturing in small quantities is expensive. On the bright side, you can choose your own color :wink: .

I'm thinking that it might be tough to get a real hard edge with these... you wouldn't be able to 'dig-in' like you would if your feet were attached directly to the snowboard/ski.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Hi Snowkiters,

We at Deuce think we have a great product for snowkiting, and we look forward to developing it with the community.

Eric, thanks for starting this thread and asking some good questions:
Edging: the core design concept is all about making a snowboard that has the same edge power as ski's, and our DES definitely provides that.
Turn via leaning: You got it. This is very responsive, which is part of the reason why we went from a snowboard sidecut of 8m to parabolic ski sidecut of 14m.
No lower leg stress: The classic snowboard doesn't want to be on edge and fights it, which you feel as stress in your ankles. Our DES doesn't have a preferred orientation. It just does as your feet tell it.

You are correct that the low launch volume is part of the reason for the price. The riders that we must reach first are those that want to be first, and it will be clear for years to come from these first DES' that you were one of the first.

However, we just started a unique opportunity to get your own X-2 at a lower price. We have just posted a refurbished X-2 on ebay. This board was ridden just a few times as part of our initial production validation. This is a good opportunity for those of you that want to get onto an X-2 at a lower price. Be advised that the bidding closes Monday morning. If you are interested in seeing DES develop, please tell your friends about the auction as well. This of course assumes you aren’t going to bid yourself :wink: .

The auction URL is http://cgi.ebay.com/X-2-Dual-Edge-Snowb ... 1|294%3A50

From all of us at Deuce, we wish you the very best for the holidays.

Todd Belt
Deuce Snowboards, LLC
Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:19 am.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:19 am