It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

Snowkiting harness setup under the coat? 
Post Snowkiting harness setup under the coat?
I just had my first few tastes of snowkiting so far this year and I'm having trouble with the waist harness I use (dakine tabu) riding up on me and twisting around a bit. Anyone else have this issue when wearing over the coat?
I was wondering if there is a way to modify a zipper to be able to have just a small opening between 2 different zips to allow the bar though? Sounds easy enough in my head.. I just cant figure out how I might go about it..

Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:08 am

Post Re: Snowkiting harness setup under the coat?
Some riders make a separate opening for the hook parallel to the zippers, then re-enforce it with sturdy fabric. If you put it through your zipper, you might have your jacket unzipped when the hook gets pulled up vertically.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:41 am
Post Re: Snowkiting harness setup under the coat?
Another option on any coats with 2 zippers is just to zip half of the coat (say the top half) and use the snaps or velcro to secure the bottom around the hook. I've found that this works pretty well, especially if your jacket has a spray skirt that can be snapped below the harness to keep the snow out.

I have the Tabu harness as well and wearing it under the jacket definitely helps. Over the jacket is awful.

However, I've got to highly recommend the Ozone harness for snowkiting. It doesn't ride up AT ALL because of the leg straps. I find it easier to get in and out of than the Tabu. Its cooler and less bulky and easier to move around in as well. Its lighter and easy to pack into a kite bag also, but I can also just put it on at the car and walk out to the field instead of carrying it because its more comfortable to move around in than my Tabu. How's that for a sales pitch?

http://www.flyozone.com/snowkites/en/pr ... c-harness/

Another option would be to get a snowkite jacket that already has a portal for the hook.
Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:22 am.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:22 am