It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 pm

Trainer kite crashed and now torn... 
Post Trainer kite crashed and now torn...
I tokk my 2m tainer kite out yesterday and managed to crash it hard enough to put a tear in it. It is possible to fix it, or still fly it with the tear in it? the tear is on the inside layer and I'm pretty sure it will still fly but not sure if I should fly it before trying to fix it. does anyone know how to fix it or what can be done so that I don't completely ruin it or is it completely ruined already. Your help will be much appreciated.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 am

Post Re: Trainer kite crashed and now torn...
Well, I don't know where you live, but when I blew a cell on my trainer, I took it to a sail maker who sewed it perfectly for about $20; If that is not an option, send it to a kite dealer who does repair work. About fixing it yourself, I have no idea; sailmaker had to take apart leading egde to be able to fix it. Speaking of leading edge, try to not crash kite straight down as pressure from impact will blow open a inside cell, If a crash is iminent, pull hard on one string and try to crash a tip... good luck.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:56 pm
Thank you so much for your help. I live in Rapid City SD, and have been trying to find some way to fix it(ie-sail shop, sewing place) and I made many calls but no luck. So for now I ordered some Nylon clear tape to hopefully fix it enough to keep training with it. Im not sure it will work to permanantly fix the kite but in my area Im not sure what else to do without sending it away to get fixed. If anyone thinks this is not a good idea please let me know.....thank you!!

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:15 pm

You will probably be fine by taking some clear ripstop tape and cutting two patches, one for both sides of the torn baffle. Also, remember to round the corners of the repair tape a little. Good luck!

Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:56 am