[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - Wild Things Snowkite Jacket
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:17 pm

Wild Things Snowkite Jacket 
Post Wild Things Snowkite Jacket
I used the new Wild Things Snowkite Jacket this weekend at the Ozone Snowkite Masters. Wild Things is a clothing company highly regarded in the mountaineering world and their new jacket certainly upheld their standard of quality.

The first thing that struck me was its simplicity. The jacket is a shell pull-over, which has its pro’s and con’s. This allows for there to be no zippers (or pockets) on the lower part of the jacket, leaving everything located over the waist harness soft and flexible. This reduces wear on the cloth and extends the jacket’s life by minimizing the jacket’s exposure to abrasiveness, when the rigid zippers are pressed between packed snow/ice and the harness. It is slightly inconvenient to have to pull through the jacket to get it on or off (this tempted me take off my helmet, goggles, and hat, but it wasn’t necessary because the large front zipper opens wide enough to fit everything through). This was no big deal because once I dawned the jacket, I didn’t need to take it off until the end of the day.

The dual component ventilation system on the Wild Things Snowkite Jacket works through both the eVent ® cloth used on the jacket and the two mesh-lined breast-pockets. To my understanding eVent ® is the top material in the industry today; it is more breathable and waterproof than Epic ® or Gortex ®. Having seen an in-store display that “provedâ€

Attachments:
File comment: 4D7973656C6620696E2057696C64205468696E6773204A61636B65742C204E6F74204B6974696E67
picturepicture.jpg
picturepicture.jpg [ 154.4 KiB | Viewed 21130 times ]
File comment: 4261636B20566965772C2041636365737320506F727420772F2048616E646C652050617373204C65617368
wt2.jpg
wt2.jpg [ 58.03 KiB | Viewed 21130 times ]
File comment: 46726F6E7420566965772C20426F74746F6D204F66204A61636B657420466C69707065642055702C2056656C63726F206F6E20537072656164657220426172
wt.jpg
wt.jpg [ 68.37 KiB | Viewed 21129 times ]
Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:05 am

Thanks for the review, we(zeb and I) felt like you deserved one, since you were part of the scene since we developed it.

Enjoy!!!!!

S

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:55 am
Post Fisha
Fisha,

Nice job! I know you guys put a lot of work into it and it really shows with the finished product.

I should be getting some professional-grade photos in next week with me useing the jacket on a kite. I'll send them your way.

Thanks again,
Eric

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:50 am

Hey Eric, great shot of you on the front page using the jacket!!!!!

It's getting colder....

Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:34 am
Post Thanks
Thanks, Gus did an excellent job with the photo. If you want, I can get it to you... but I have to ask Gus first.

Keep make'n good cloths. By the way, what's the best way to get ahold of a Wild Things Snowkite Jacket?

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:55 pm

The best way to get a kite jacket is to go to http://www.wildthingsgear.com, mention the word snowkite jacket, theyll get you one,....there is word about a newer better design going to be reay with hope for 2007!

Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:58 pm

By the way the internet site for Wildthings is in fix it mode currently so basically call wildthings : 603-356-9453 or email them at info@wildthingsgear.com

INTRODUCING...................................................................... i dont know

Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:01 pm

The new one is almost ready....mind's will be blown away!!!

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:18 pm

I'm possibly interested in that jacket, but I have a couple concerns with this product that I'd like more info on or clarification.

Will the jacket get in the way of the hook and prevent to easily unhook/hook?
I see from one of the pic that the jacket attaches to the spreader (which might not work with the new harnesses with enclosed spreader bars like Naish and Mystic I believe) but wouldn't the jacket shell still could cover the hook? Maybe I don't really understand the system. Any more close-up pictures available of the system?

How about the handle pass leash in the back? It usually slide on a rope at the back. It looks like there's a little hole opening at the back. But if there's sudden tension on that leash, pulling to one side, can that possibly rip the jacket or will the jacket just twist around your body (even if the front of the jacket is velcro to your harness) ?

Any experience with the above? Thanks for any extra info. Any plan on having dealers in Canada (Ontario in my case)? I'm sure seeing the product would help answer most of my questions.
What's different with the new 2007 jacket?

Thanks

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:54 am

The jacket should work fine with new spreader bars and the leash. The jacket will move with the leash and I really haven't seen how the new bars are attached to the harness, but I'd be suprised if there was a conflict. Eric or crabby can you comment?

There probably won't be any Canadian dealers as of yet, so you'd order direct from Wild Things, they ship to Canada all the time.

Here's a link to some shots for the new style:

http://www.powerlinesports.com/store/pr ... eb0f72cdb3

The final version should be available in a month or so.

Thanks!!!

S

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:08 am

Hey all, to help answer some questions, the mystic and naish harnesses should work fine cause you only need about 1/2 inch on either side of the actual hook on spreader bar to be able to velcro into the jacket. Also the jacket works surprisingly well even if the velcro is not hooked to jacket.

The handle pass leash works no problem as there is ample material for jacket movement and rotation, even when velcro'd in! this has been seriously tested by me and my wipeouts!

also the jacket this year is full zipper compared to last year Anorak, (pullover) which can be ordered if you really want one but it would be special order and custom to you. The jacket is lightening fast to get on and off, and has all the features that you would look for in a jacket that you would want for exercising in the winter environment! IE you can use it for anything! even a summer rain coat!!
Breathability using Event material and adding pit zips cause poeple asked for them (Event is more breathable than XCR/Pac Light Gore tex), Function, full protection in winter environment with or without a harness on, sized for "gymnastic" like aerobatics behind kites with articulated elbows for great unrestricted movement, and lastly USA made here in NH by our local sewers! ALL taped seams waterproof zippers (YKK) three way articualted hood that covers a helmet as well as your head in the helmet! I POD pocket for the tunes and a beer holder UM er I mean water bottle holder inside the jackets if your so inclined with a side zip pocket for extra mittens, camera or whatever!.seriously it is a great piece of modern art work!!

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:18 pm

thanks guys for answering my questions. Sounds good to me. Nice work.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:39 am

Post We have these jackets at CKF
WE just got 5 of these bad boys in today at Colorado Kiteforce

1-M Blue or Yellow
2-L Blue or Red
2-XL Blue or Red

coloradokiteforce.com

Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:13 pm

UPDATE, Wildthing is in full swing with there Jacket. The full zip version has been updated with a few nice things to make it a little better than the original full zip jacket.....if you have one you have the updates.
The next step is in the making, or has already been made, in fact yesterday it was completed. It is the hybrid snowkite jacket, this means that you have the eVent up top Head (hood) and shoulders and the Powershield super stretchy wind proof fleece on the bottom......the portal is in fact a simple zipper style with velcro anti-suck system that ensures that you can hook back into the bar when you need to. TUG HILL NY will see the first version.....I will be wearing testing and breaking the jacket in come check it all out.!
Later
Crabnebula

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:33 am

Post Re: Wild Things Snowkite Jacket
We just posted one Large and one X-Large Wildthings Snowkite Jacket up for auction on ebay if anyone is interested check them out. You will have your pick of blue or red. They retail for $370 so this might be a steal for someone.

Large
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

X-Large
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0033340271

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:41 am