[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - Snowkiting in Utah!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:04 am

Snowkiting in Utah! 

Post Snowkiting in Utah!
Regardless of conditions we are heading out to Skyline this weekend to see what we may find. The new range of 2007 Ozone Snowkites are in and we are hoping for our first on snow tests of the new season. If there is not enough snow to ride, we will still be able to fly the kites and see the performance gains in the new line.

We have the Access 2, which can handle the gustiest conditions, the 07 Frenzy and the new Manta, a Chasta signature model that was developed here at Skyline last year.

It's pretty sweet actually, having one of our primary Snowkite designers spending winters in Utah, we are now seeing the kites designed for our own local and gusty conditions. Rob built both the Access and Frenzy's with way more stability this year, after realizing that "you yanks are willing to ride in shite conditions". He incorporated improved performance and increased the forgiving nature of each.

The Manta was actually created from the big cornice flying that the boyz were getting into at Skyline last winter. They wanted a kite for the 'Chasta' type that had great gliding performance, smooth arcing power when looped, and of course be built bombproof like the Frenzy.

Anyway, I'm excited to have the finished product debut on the snow where it was originated just months before. Any other over zealous snow junky types are incouraged to join us.
Maybe we should have a ski/stump burn as a sacrifice for a deep winter?

Windzup,
Brian Schenck

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:23 pm
Post Hell Yeah
Brian,

Thanks for the invite. I´ve got a crazy itch to jump a plane and come hit the Wasach Range with you and the crew.

An early, early season snowkite inaugaration is perfect. And I´m honored that Ozone would trust me with the new Manta... obviously the design team doesn´t know about this.

Screw it, water won´t freeze soon enough here... I´m migrating North for the winter! And although I won´t be able to make it out this week, I´m still dying to hear what happens and see some good photos. I´ll be up soon enough.

Burn a stump? I think you´re holding back. A wise man once told me; feed success. If September brought the first snow, this will be a good year.... Let´s ensure a great year with a human sacrifice! :twisted:

Again, thanks for the invite.

-Eric

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:57 pm
I grabbed these from elsewhere online....

Attachments:
Top.jpg
Top.jpg [ 37.63 KiB | Viewed 7372 times ]
File comment: 427269616E20466C79696E672041636365737320696E205761736163682052616E6765
brian_flying_the_access_over_utah_s_first_snow_673.jpg
brian_flying_the_access_over_utah_s_first_snow_673.jpg [ 40.89 KiB | Viewed 7373 times ]
Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:07 pm