[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - Anxiety Issues
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:46 am

Anxiety Issues 

Post Anxiety Issues

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:20 am

Post Anxiety Issues
Hey Joel, I know how you feel. The white mountains are teasing us right now! I am counting the hours until I get to ride the fresh powder while snowkiting!

Hope to see you soon on the snow!

Heather Schenck
http://www.windzup.com

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:56 pm
Post Snowkite Panic Hotline
Joel,

Consider this forum an e-snowkite-panic-hotline, online. Anytime you need help, just post away. We're here for you. Anxiety is our specialty.

I hear what your saying... I never used to pass up a windy day. Now, I wait for the perfect day (having snow is also a big factor). Anyways, even though one's experience adds to his/her understanding of what is good snowkiting weather and what is not-so-good weather, it doesn't mean give us an excuse to become condition-snobs. In fact, I remember Chasta going snowkiting every day of the week... seeking and finding conditions that would work. Now, not all of us have the skills to support ourselves on snowkiting alone... in other words our work is confined to four walls and two times, specifically 9am & 5pm... but that's probably because we never break free enough to make something of our snowkiting.

Yeah, I feel it too: I have kites. I have a board. I have a ride. I have mountains. And now I have snow. It's time to ride. No excuses.

-Eric

Last edited by Eric Byers on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:36 pm

you know, seriously there are times where it is nessesary to decide what is the right thing to do.....and seriously anxiety may not be the right term to describe the feelings that you are having.....
IN THE HARSH truth....it may be the feeling of SELFISHNESS.......NOW HOLD ON!!!!!! before you go on about how being selfish is not in your style or whatever hear me out!
you have anxiety over being selfish cause it cant be ok that you want something so bad!!!!!.....and really it may not be, but then again, all people may be selfish in someway, there are the thoughts that being NON SELFISH is in itself SELFISH cause you are thinking of the other person cause it makes you feel that you are not thinking of yourself, which is, really, selfish in the root thought!
anyways, I think that the deal is, if youstepp on someones toe to go kiting FINE!!!!!!!!!! but if you run there body (or emotions) over during the I need to go kiting, then that may be BAD!....cause it would sound like this, HI .....my name is Joel, I am addict............and really as funny as that may be I think (ALERT PERSONAL OPINION)!!!!that being addicted to anything is bad!!!!be it GAMBLING, DRUGS, ALCHOHOL, (the negatives of gambling) to BASE jumping rock climbing, surfing, AND OR SNOWKITING!!!!! or hell KITING IN GENERAL~!!!!!!!!!!it is NOT good to be in the light of having something affect you to the point that your normal day of making PRUDENT decsisions is disrupted! that is actually according to psychology actually pretty BAD~!,...but you know, you have already made your choice to deal with the ownership and consiquences of that choice and have a great time kiting!

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:48 pm

Kiting Anxiety Disorder, or KAD as it is known in the medical field, is a serious medical problem that plaques the young and old alike. The common symptoms we see include intense mood swings, a history of short term relationships, lack of motivation for anything that is not kiting, and of course, an unreasonable obsession with the "quiver".

This is a serious medical condition that may require intensive therapy. Many drugs are available for patients like your self. Support groups are being started through out the country as we speak. A cocktail of a few anti-psychotic medications washed down with red bull and vodka seems to be the most widely accepted therapy to date. Joel, you need to seek help immediately.

Or, you could just accept your problem, kite when you can, and live far below your career potential like the rest of us. Looking forward to the season old boy.

Ta Ta

Tony.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:49 pm

Yeah well you guys think you got KAD bad. I've got a broken leg from a large kite accident (paragliding) and i've been sitting here watching it blow 25+ every single day. I can't walk and i've been thinking each and everyday how could i put together a mechanism so that i can take off a mountain or sit in a buggy or something I can't walk but I'm dreaming of flying. Forget the conditons if its blowing like 4 get out the big boys and have some fun. I'd be land boarding each and every day if i were 100% Come on get off the couch put the long tiring day of work behind you and get out there.

Montana is light in the snow dept and i'm thinking 9-10,000 feet before you get to good snow. haggin is blowing i checked the wise river wind report its up past 20 i don't know the snow conditions tho

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:06 pm

Post Don't worry about it.
Joel, please don't let the concern over your addiction ruin you. You instead should see yourself as someone who is a pioneer. You, along with everyone else here, are paving the way for future generations of kiters. In fact, you can even go so far as to say that we are saving the world with kitesports because they do not polute the air and give us such wonderful elation.

No my friend, you it is not wrong and not selfish to have something that you enjoy and as long as you are willing to share your love for the sport with others, there is nothing selfish about it.

The skill that we all need the most is patience as we wait for the conditions to get to the point that we are all slashing fresh pow lines with 20mph winds at our back.

Now, about those conditions, is it time for me to hit the road to MT yet?

--Jake

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:10 pm

The Roads between deerlodge and butte were terrible yesterday. Seeing how the valley's got about 2 inches I think haggin got a foot. I think this weekend could easily be the first session up on Haggin. I'll keep you posted.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:47 pm

So i want to thank you all for helping me through this tough time, all of what you said was truly helpful, I have still not experienced the session i was so desperately looking for in this early snowkiting season, but last night i went to bed, my head resting upon my 10m Frenzy, and i stared up to the ceiling and pondered upon the giant poster of Brian Schenck boosting high over a snowy skyline meadow and i said to myself, "Don't Worry Wreknball. One day you'll get your chance. You'll get your chance." Then i snuggled under the cover of my 14m, put my arm around my brand new Manta and fell into a deep relaxing sleep.

and when i awoke....

My anxiety was gone, and what do ya know, i drank some coffee, checked my e-mail and saw that Obrien Park has plenty of snow to ride for the weekend, Will it happen ? i don't know, if it does great, if not, Well at least i have you guys and a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Thank You all, Joel

P.S. and Crabnebula, I checked with my Doctor, Psychiatrist, Massage Therapist, Life Coach, Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, Yoga Instuctor and my Guru about my Narcissism problem. They thought i'd be O.K.

And to the DUDE, There's still not enough snow at Haggin but i'll keep you updated.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:52 pm

I'm glad you are feeling better. Looking forward to the weekend. Hey man, I gotta say it. After your last post I'm pretty sure I won't be asking to fly your manta. Sounds like you two have become a little to close.

just funnin ya
Tony

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:26 pm

Joel you know, that is what they said to me and now, pretty much any day that there is wind....I am in it with the kites! I think that it comes to a moment to moment thing!
Get on it!

Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:35 pm