It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

SNOWKITING IN NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA 

Post SNOWKITING IN NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA
MY NEWFOUNDLAND ADVENTURES is an outdoor adventure company located at the base of Marble Mountain, Cornerbrook Newfoundland. Marble Mountain is considered by many the best mountain to ski east of British Columbia. My Newfoundland Adventures has many activities that the whole family can enjoy while your Snowkiting. Some of the winter activities that My Newfoundland Adventures offer include:

Snowkiting
Dog Sledding
Ice Fishing
Heli Skiing
Ice Climbing
Snowmobiling Tours
Back country Skiing
Snowshoeing

Snowkiting with My Newfoundland Adventures is one of the best and affordable locations in the world. Corner Brook gets an average snowfall of 5 meters a year and is one of the windiest cities in Canada. Expect steady strong winds when kiting 25 km downwind at an alpine plateau 2000 feet high. Its very typical to get 30 knot winds so leave your big kites at home. My Newfoundland Adventures offers two different kite adventures:

PACKAGE 1) Intro to Snowkiting
Following a brief introduction from a qualified kiting instructor, you will spend time mastering control of your very own kite. This lesson is designed for beginners and kids. If you have no previous kiting or ski experience then this lesson is ideal for you. If you already have some ski or snowboard skill then you will learn to snow kite that much faster. If you are interested in learning how to snow kite, our kite school is the best way to make your dream come true. Snow Kiting is safe and fun, but taking a lesson is essential to making your experience a positive one. This winter, discover the freedom of Snow Kiting in Canada and kiss the chairlift goodbye! Kites included. Enjoy snacks, drinks and hot chocolate on the ice, and discover the freedom of Snow Kiting!
ADULT $175 CHILD $125

PACKAGE 2) Blow-Me-Down Plateau Snowkiting (Snowmobile assisted)
The Blow-me-Down Mountains Plateau is 25km of snow ladened alpine plateau and rolling hills - paradise when it comes to Snow Kiting. If you've been power kiting before, or have attended our "Intro to Snow Kiting" program, then this unforgettable mountain top snow kiting trip is a perfect way to take your skills to the next level. Get ready to experience limitless powder, steady winds, and outstanding views on this Newfoundland alpine snow kiting adventure
ADULTS $389

WHERE TO STAY: Affordable accommodation starting at $139 a room per night.

HOW TO GET HERE: Flights leave daily from Toronto and Montreal to Deer Lake, Newfoundland. Flights are approximately $340 + taxes from Toronto. You can book to have you and your guests picked up with My Newfoundland Adventures as well. Deer Lake is about a 40 minute drive from Marble Mountain. You can also book to have My Newfoundland Adventures to buy your groceries and stock your fridge for when you get to your chalet.

***FOR FREE PHOTOS AND VIDEO OF YOUR ADVENTURES MENTION YOU SAW THIS ADD ON http://www.snowkiting.com. ***OR EMAIL kristian@mynewfoundland.ca FOR GROUP DISCOUNTS.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Post Re: SNOWKITING IN NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA
Wow, great to see snowkiting is offered at Marble Mountain. Do you guys have any videos that show the conditions/ mountain.

I'm an IKO Kiteboard instructor here in Halifax, NS (www. Lawrencetown Kitesurfing. ca) and snowkite locally- but we don't have mountains. Our kiteboarding association is found at http://www.kaons.ca

We'll have to organize a trip and check it out!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Hey Gavin,

I checked out your website and im glad to hear you guys are so organized over there in Nova Scotia. The conditions here have improved drastically. We have a base of a foot in town and are recieving another foot today it looks like. Marble Mountain just opened half the hill yesterday and the rest should be open by next week.

My newfoundland adventures offers the snowkiting tour and is at the bottom of marble mountain. There is a couple places we go snow kiting. I will post you a video of one place we go. This is in the tablelands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSwCCbPEoqE

Another place we can take you is the blow me down mountains.. Both of these places are epic and you will be snowkiting on untouched terrain. Are you looking for a hill to go down kiting or a rolling terrain high in the mountains. I can guide you to whatever location you want...

If you and some other guys are serious I can arrange some type of deal for you guys for sure. Hope this information helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. If you want to copy and paste my original post in your forum then you might be able to get a big group going and save some money... Hopefully we get to do some kiting in the near future...

Best regards,

Kristian

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Hey gavin,

I talked to my boss and got him to pull some huge strings for us. I worked out a really good deal if you can get a group of guys to go out. Heres what I thought up that would be an adventure out of this world.

3 day and 2 night Snowkite trip at the table lands

-Airport pickup from Deer Lake airport. I will pick you up and take you to the table lands. From there we will backcountry kite about 5 km to our remote cabin in the woods.

-Accommodation covered - We would be staying in a very nice cabin in the middle of the wilderness which we could kite to and from.

-Meals covered and cooked for you. This includes DAY 1) Lunch and Dinner. DAY 2) breakfast, lunch and dinner. DAY 3) Breakfast and lunch

-Guide to help out and show you everything.

-Snowmobile will be present for any emergencies and to bring food and supplies in.

-If there is no wind on one day I convinced my boss to allow us to go dogsledding for one day. Not a bad fall back plan I thought.

PRICE PER PERSON: $399
*based on 6 people

How does this all sound. I think it is a pretty good deal since this would be one of the greatest spots to snowkite in the world. Also the wind is very consistently strong here.This would be an amazing trip that would be hassle free. The fact that accommodation, food and transportation is all covered I cant think of a better deal out there. Let us do all the work while you do what you enjoy most which is Kiting.

If you have any additional questions or want any more details give me a call at (709) 638 - 0110 and I can answer those for you. We can do all reservations and bookings over the phone.

Attachments:
File comment: The table lands
Picture 6.png
Picture 6.png [ 375.82 KiB | Viewed 11542 times ]
File comment: The view of the table lands from the ocean
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png [ 259.19 KiB | Viewed 11543 times ]
File comment: The remote cabin in the woods
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png [ 392.28 KiB | Viewed 11542 times ]
Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:46 pm

I have no assoc with the OP, and am just getting into snowkiting. However, I did take a motorcycle trip to NF in September. It's one of the prettiest places I've been, with some of the nicest, most helpful people.

The table lands area is AMAZING. Once I get this snowkite thing nailed, I will be giving these guys some biz!!

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Hope the weather stays below freezing over there and you guys get some good snow... looks like it's been Mild...

Paul
http://www.PBKiteboarding.com

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:47 pm