[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - SNOWKITING IN SWITZERLAND??
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:20 am

SNOWKITING IN SWITZERLAND?? 

Post SNOWKITING IN SWITZERLAND??
Hey guys,

I've been snow-kiting now for the last couple of years in Whistler and this year fancy heading somewhere different. I want to go to Switzerland cause I've heard some great things about it but don't know where. Anyone got some inside info?

Cheers,

Matt

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Post Re: SNOWKITING IN SWITZERLAND??
Hi Matt,

Switzerland is a brilliant place to go. I've been going there for the past 3 years mainly because I keep on having such great holidays!

I go to a place called Brig on the Swiss / Italian border. Easy access from Geneva (2 hours train ride) and Milan (1 hour train ride) and around 45 minutes from Zermatt. The reason I go here rather than to the other bigger resorts is that I hate crowds, love fresh powder and enjoy having all conditions and terrain literally within one valley (8 ski areas, 4 snowkiting areas and 2 45 minute tobogann runs within a 20 minute drive).

I tend to go with a company called 'The Big Blue Experience' cause they sort everything out for me whether I am by myself or with friends i.e collection from the station, guiding around the area, equipment hire etc. They are based in Pembrokeshire Wales for the summer season doing watersports and then relocate to Switzerland for the winter teaching snowkiting and hosting winter holdays. Last year I stayed in a self catered chalet with a couple of other people but this year I think they have moved to a cool little hotel down the road and you can rent rooms either catered or non-catered with a communal area to hang out in.

I'm heading out in January with some girlfriends and Oli (who runs Big Blue) has promised us snowkiting, snowboarding, skiing, toboganning and lots of fondue eating which sounds awesome! Also we are all different levels of expertise but Oli can run various lessons and if we all want a bit of a change of scene he can guide us to some brilliant local spots in the area that are often completely empty!

Check out the website http://www.thebigblueexperience.com and fingers crossed maybe see you out there?!!

Charlotte x

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:56 am

Thanks for the tips , it was very helpful i appreciate it

Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:38 am

Thanks for that Powder. I've had a look at the website and they look great. Will keep you posted with my experiences when I head out in a couple of weeks.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:32 pm

oh just a quickie.

I had an email from Oli at Big Blue saying that they are offering half price rooms for the month of January. Sweet!!! I don't think you can find a cheaper snow holiday :)

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:23 am