[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - Any Boulder, CO snowkiters on here?
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:55 pm

Any Boulder, CO snowkiters on here? 

Post Any Boulder, CO snowkiters on here?
Just started getting into the sport....Living in Boulder and going up to the mountains a lot this winter....in the market for a new setup...help and recommendations would be appreciated 8)

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:06 am

Post Snowkite CO
Skimac,

I know that there are a lot of guys who go out to Lake Dillon Reservoir on the way to Brecknridge (did I spell it right?). Get in touch with Motz at for local information.

-Eric

(FYI I go under both the Eric Byers & snowkit usernames, one for administrative and the other is normally for forum posts)

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:00 am

Post In Boulder!
Skimac,

I've been kiting since last winter (so new to the sport) and live in Boulder. I purposely didn't buy a ski pass this year since I'm planning on heading up to the mountains/Lake Dillon as much as possible this winter. Let me know if you are interested in carpooling! Also, check out Anton's website at coloradokiteforce.com...

cheers,
Robyn

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:59 pm

Post Another Boulder Snowkiter
Hey,
I live in Boulder and work at INTO THE WIND (the kite store on Pearl St.) The store(me and another employee) are getting very involved with the power kiting/traction sports. Not to sound like an add but we do sell trainer kites and will soon sell full sized kites. (We also sell Mountain Boards which is great for ALL SEASON KITEBOARDING!!!) We will also be heading up to the Mountains this season and all the events this season. If you are ever on Pearl St. just come on in and ask for Justin or Chris and we will talk your ear off!!!

Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:54 am

hey my name is kris and I'm from Eagle co and go to dillon alot! I went today and flew my 6m slingshot turbo diesle. it rocks!!!!! oh and if you drive by and see a little kid flying around you''ll know that it is kris! I need a carpool up there though...right now im going down with my brother. but it costs 10 bucks! to go down there and back. also it would be nice to stay there for a weekend so we dont have to drive 2 hours to go back both days.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:44 pm

"hey my name is kris and I'm from Eagle co and go to dillon alot!"

I live in LA, but am coming out to Vail - Avon area to ski March 7 - 10th.
Any chance you want to go to Dillon sometime in there... I am going to bring my Kite and skis... All I'll bring is my 12m North Vegas...? I talked to a guy in the shop and he said that's fine? Let me know-

ROB :D

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Hey Rob. that 12meter Vegas should work fine. I don't know if that is a weekend or not , but if it is I should be down there for sure. were I live is in Eagle(about 30-45 miles away from Vail), but I will probably see you there. I'm about the only kid there so you won't miss me! It is a little tricky to get to the launch spot the first time but if you go to http://www.coloradokiteforce.com it will give you directions.
See you out there!!!
Kris

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:38 pm

:D Cool - 2 of my buddies are flying in and out of Eagle... so I'll be looking to go on that Friday or Saturday... Flying out on Sunday from Denver so Sunday is a no go. Shoot me an email with you phone number if you don't mind, or give me a call if you are going....

See the pic.. with my info? Hope so-

Attachments:
File comment: 696E666F2E2E2E
SHOT055.jpg
SHOT055.jpg [ 7.47 KiB | Viewed 18130 times ]
Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:13 pm

Thanks rob..sorry it took a while to get back.

I am actually staying with a friend so I probably will just see you out there!!!
Oh yeah and yesterday I landed my first 720!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am so happy. :D :D :D :D

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Hi I'm Bret the little dudes big brother.

Rob I'm not sure you know this but you picked a great time to come to dillon. This weekend is the therapy sesions at dillon so there will be lots of activity at the lake.

I will probubly be flying my red 12m naish foil.
Hope to see you there.

Bret 8)

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:29 pm

:) Cool Bret ! Yeah I'll come by on Saturday, I have a green and yellow 12m North Vegas. I did not bring my pump, so will have to find one, but i'll look for your guys. Thanks for the reply. I banged up my knee pretty good skiing at Vail today, so I hope it's better.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:15 am

hey Rob I was wondering if you made it out cuz i didn't see a yellow vagas at all i don't think. did you break up your knee?

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:16 pm

well... I did make it there, but it was just after you guys had finished on Saturday. I was stuck in Vail because they shut down the pass for about 4 hrs. :x I was so bummed. By the time I got there, it looked like there were no kites up, and some guy told me that it was a GREAT day ... and there were 1,000's of people there. I was all set to go, kite, harness, skis- So I'll have to make it happen next year. My knee healed too. How was it, any pics online that I can check out of the event.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:59 am

Post Laramie Kiting
I've been up here in Laramie for a bit. Have a 7.5 frenzy and 4.0 access at my disposal. Was just up at Libby Flats on Tuesday(3/27) and it was great. email me if your ever on a trip up here chriswedell@gmail.com

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:42 pm