It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

Looking for Neo II 6M Kite and Rigging 

Post Looking for Neo II 6M Kite and Rigging
I currently have a Hydra 300 that my son has now basically inhereted. I am impressed with the versatility, quickness and power of a vented foil of this design. I use it on Lake Michigan and in tons of snow, just not enough power for all 200 lbs of me. I did have an Envy 8M LEI, but didnt really care for the trouble of setup, and dependence on a "sealed" system. So I'm looking for a 6M Neo II, or possibly 8M. I still like to keep things quick, responsive, tight and compact, but want to have the power when needed. A request for opinions on this matter from those who are most experienced in flying all types of kites would be appreciated; and of course if anyone have used Neos for sale :wink:

Thanks!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:43 am

Post Re: Looking for Neo II 6M Kite and Rigging
Go for the Montana's. I kind of prefer them over the Apex (II's and III's) as they are less punishing for sheeting angle, though they are much more punishing for power.

If you intend to use a Neo on the water, I would steer you away from it if you are inland. If you are sailing the coast, go for it. On snow, open cell rules in ease and safety.

Matt

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:21 am