It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

Island Park, Idaho - aaah, winter... 

Post Island Park, Idaho - aaah, winter...
Yes! Winter has arrived at the north end of Island Park, Idaho. About 18" of settled snow came over the past few days and more is on the way. Of course wind is essential and it has been and will be windy for the next week from what I can tell from the models.

Enjoy and post often!

See ya out there,

Noah

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:44 am

Post Nice
:D Ah, nice. I heared somewhere that you've already got 3 days worth of sessions in out there. I'm super jealous.

Keep it up!

- Eric

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Island Park continues to be good: Smooth wind packed powder and nice wind drifts for loading up and sending it!

I flew my 12m Manta today and had a great time. Lots of power and really fun flying.

The forcast models are still showing a progressive pattern of wind and snow for I.P. That's what I love to see!

Noah

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:51 am

Post How is the 12
I have a 12m 06 frenzy, and have only flown it a few times on a groundboard. I've got a 15 instinct, and a 4 access that are great, but the frenzy scares me a little on the groundboard. What wind speeds do you generally fly your 12 manta in? I need some wind to keep it from folding up, but I dont want to get blown away either... I'm thinking I'll be less reluctant to use it on the snow, but I'm curious to hear what speeds you fly your manta 12 in, and how much you weigh. Thanks!

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:21 am

I weight 185 and like to snowkite with my 12m Frenzy and Manta in winds from 12 to 25 mph. I prefer to ride well powered.

All my kiting is at 5000' and up (Is the air less dense than sea level in the winter? It sure is when kiting on the water in the summer.).

To keep it from folding at the low end, fly the kite aggressively.

Noah

Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:22 pm