It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am

Kitewing Rage 55+, SOLD 

Post Kitewing Rage 55+, SOLD
I have a lightly used Kitewing “Rage 55+” that I am looking to turn into cash. I purchased this in the fall of ’09 for around $1500 just for the Kitewing. I also purchased the twin “V” harness lines, coil leash, and spare tip rod (tube extension) for an additional $150 or so. Unbeknownst to me, and due to it being imported from Canada, I also paid something like $150 in duties.

It saw light use the first year that I purchased it, and has no repairs. I also never had an impact with the carbon front tubes. All of the parts are included except a harness (not necessary to use) and whatever you want to ride with it.

Here is an assembly and use instructional video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDL2bAkg1UI

I am selling to raise cash and because my current travel restrictions do not allow me to have this with me all of the time while enjoying the snow. It takes up about the same cubic footage as a packed inflatable kite. But I was never able to get the feel for it with anything other than a mountain board or skis. And since I kite almost exclusively with a snowboard, the skis take up too much room for me to justify taking the skis and kitewing along just to save a high wind day.

I purchased this as an alternative to a powerkite. It is a session saver for those days that the wind is blowing too much or is just too shifty/sheary/gusty for a powerkite to be safe. Jumps are fun with the kitewing and the speeds are awesome too. Just watch the above video. I will entertain all reasonable offers. Retail is now over $1600 on the kite alone and the new colors are not as cool as this one (previous color scheme). The video shows a color scheme one prior to this one and nothing has changed in build/technology to my knowledge in the past 3 color models.

I currently have this in Omaha, Nebraska but I will be in the Minneapolis area when the snow flies. I'm not wild about shipping it but I may consider that route. Email only.

Y A K D UC K@HOT MA IL.COM

Attachments:
1020110906.jpg
1020110906.jpg [ 788.06 KiB | Viewed 13440 times ]
1020110900a.jpg
1020110900a.jpg [ 917.08 KiB | Viewed 13443 times ]
1020110900.jpg
1020110900.jpg [ 865.31 KiB | Viewed 13445 times ]
Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:20 pm

Post Re: Kitewing Rage 55+, Ski Snowboard Iceskate - $950 (OMAHA, NEB
Kitewing Rage 55+
It is still for sale and would you be willing to ship. My Dime of course