[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - ABOARDS Kite Snowboard Pics & Review
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:42 pm

ABOARDS Kite Snowboard Pics & Review 

Post ABOARDS Kite Snowboard Pics & Review

My first impression is the “2 & 1” design of the Aboard is more aimed for downhill snowboarding instead of snow kiting. But I knew I was mistaken the first time I took it out behind a kite. The flexibility is what makes the Aboard such a smooth ride while snow kiting. With a full wood core design, I am amazed at how much the Aboard can twist and flex and yet has a great response and a “springy” feel.

I am happy with the centered stance of the Aboard, and 52-68cm provides a lot of stance options for those who like a wide/tight stance. I think the board is a tad bit narrow and could use a little more width. My boots tend to drag both on the heel/toe (I have big feet).

Overall I give the Aboard an 8 out of 10. I think Aboards came up with a solid kite Snowboard that does not excel at any one thing, but is a great “all around” board for everything from park, freestyle, and free riding. I personally do not ride lifts anymore after discovering snow kiting. Maybe in the future I would like to see an Aboard with less side cut radius on the heel side edge, or even reverse camber.

-Matty

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:03 pm

Post Re: ABOARDS Kite Snowboard Pics & Review
Nice! I would love to spring for a kite specific board, but I am just getting together a foil kite quiver to keep my self happy. I cannot complain about my 164cm 5150 "Stroke", though. It has held up to my 215lbs of weight on every condition from heavy snow to rough solid ice. I really never though that this "cheap" board would last this long. However, I cannot say that I have put it through too much stress in the park. I do take good care of the base and edges since I have my own tuning equipment.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Looking great We're lvn Aboards Kite Snowboards... here in Canada... Keep it Up!
Getting on the 2010 Kiteboards soon, Snowkiting is done here...

http://www.PBKiteboarding.com
Sales•Support•Repairs•Lessons
Kiteboarding and Snowkiting

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:27 am

Bummer dayz, Its becoming summer real fast down here in oregon as well. I've been looking out on the river and its Whitecapping and blowing westerly's :mrgreen: Wont be long before our season starts here in the gorge...just gotta get the water to warm up (I hate major shrinkage)

Yo mattv, I've used old school snowboards for 3 years now, This being my second season on a kite specific board. I think whatever gets ya out there and having fun is the best board on the market :wink: But recently as i started getting better i wanted a snowboard that felt more like riding on water. Its more about the loading and POP for me...

-matty

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 am