[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - AMP'd for this Winter!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

AMP'd for this Winter! 

Post AMP'd for this Winter!
Hi All!
New member here, doing a kook move, and asking a question which has most likely been asked, but I'm gonna do it anyway... (sorry)
I'm making the move from water to snow, and looking for a recommendation for some ski's. I have read quite a bit and understand most any ski will work, but I am looking for something a little better than average, possibly twin-tip style and lightweight? I see Volkl and Line in vid's?
I self ID'd the kook question :shock: , so please just give a guy some ideas on what is working for you.....?
Thanks!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Post Re: AMP'd for this Winter!
You are right that any skis will work! I only have tried old strait skis and was never really any good with them with a kite. Mostly, I use a snowboard. I do have a friend that is really good on skis and is always faster than me on the flat.

IMHO - don't get too far away from the longer downhill skis since you will be giving up some speed advantage over the boarders. It has to be nice for a skier to scream by a boarder and leave them in the dust.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Thanks Matt, I like the idea of more speed on ski's. :mrgreen:

Does anyone else have tried and true equipment stories?
Thanks

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Post Re: AMP'd for this Winter! Newfoundland's Martin Hanzalek
We are super amped for this winter too. Last year the snow and snowpack in the Lewis Hills in Newfoundland was unreal. We see a lot of snowfall throughout the calendar year in any season and this season with La Nina brewing will surely be a record breaker. If you are unfamiliar with the Lewis Hills and the kiting that is available there check out the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xexj23uZxkw">Martin Hanzalek</a> kite school lewis hills video for a snapshot at the terrain available in Western Newfoundland Canada (The Lewis Hills are located just outside of Gros Morne National Park)

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xexj23uZxkw[/url]

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:26 pm

I have only used one set of skis and they have worked well for me. I checked on this thread though because of the title. I usually hate winter but this is my first one taking on this sport and now I love it. Unfortunately, the winter has been extremely mild though. I was all pumped up with my new and haven't been able to use them much. Hopefully that changes.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 pm

nice video post more pls...

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:31 am