[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - Mystic Snowkite harness
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:03 pm

Mystic Snowkite harness 

Post Mystic Snowkite harness
The new Mystic Blazer snowkite harness featured on the Snowkiting Home Page looks interesting. I've been using my climbing harness, but I find the narrow waist band and thin padding gets progressively uncomfortable as the day goes on. But I also noticed the description makes reference to "thinner" padding, so maybe this harness won't address my concern? I was confused by the reference to wearing the harness under clothing (and to "snowkite jackets" with holes for hooks and pass through leashes). I wear my harness over my snow gear -- is there a performance/function-related reason to wear it under the clothing? Or do riders wear harnesses underneath because they don't fit over bulky cold weather gear?

I went looking for more info on the Blazer, but the Mystic website doesn't list the harness (or anything related to snowkiting). Does anyone know when/whether it will come out this season, and at what price?

jim

Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:47 am

sure here is the deal.by wearing a harness OVER your clothing you get the famous ride up syndrome that allows snow to gather, collect, and mealt into little ice balls, that stick to the back and get in the crack if you konw what I mean....the Wildthings Snow kite jacket solves this by having the harness be it the Mystic, a climbing harness, or a standard kiting harness.....UNDER the jacket letting the jakcet do what a jacket it supposed to do,....SEAL OUT THE weather!!!!!!!!!
.good luck with kiting in the snow!

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:01 pm

Post Mystic Blazer harness available by end of October

Folks,
I am stoked to anounce that we will have the Blazer harness in stock by end of October. There is a limited stock arriving in the US so pre-orders will make a lot of sense. We have a couple of samples of this harness in our hands and we can answer questions if you have any.
For more info you can click below:

See you on the snow,

Evan - Live2kite
http://www.live2kite.com
info@live2kite.com

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:58 am
Post Kite Jacket
Kayakman,

It looks like Crabnebula & Live2Kite.com have given some information about the snowkite jacket & harness (I think the price was around $150 US). I'm just going to add what I know.

As for the snowkite jackets. Exactly as you said, they have a hole or "port" to allow the kite hook (and maybe a leash) to exit the jacket. There are two that I know of on the market. One is the Ultranectar Snowkite Jacket () and the other is the Wild Things Snowkite Jacket, which I reviewed last season: (). I've heard that they might be coming out with a new version this year.

As for the padding, it looks like the Blazer has plenty of padding, but I don't think it is designed to be buoyant like a kitesurf harness... someone correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't used the Blazer yet.

Now a question for Live2Kite... you guys are selling this Blazer, have you gotten a chance to use it yet? If so: Is it re-enforced with 360 degrees of webbing like a climbing harness? How does it distribute your weight?

Thanks,
Eric

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:53 am

Post Mystic Blazer Snowkiting harness is HERE

We are delighted to anounce that the have just arrived in our warehouse.

We have a small number of both the waist and the seat so if you are interested in the first ever snowkiting specific harness now is your chance before they all go.

Cheers to all,

Live2kite LLC
San Francisco, CA
info@live2kite.com
http://www.live2kite.com

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:56 pm

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:19 pm

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:23 pm

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:40 pm

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:56 pm

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:21 pm

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:02 pm

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:17 pm

Post Blazer review

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:45 pm

I've been using the blazer with leg loops for about 3 months (say around 20 good sessions) on my mountainboard and skiis, and I love it. I have a large and wear it over my pants or snow pants and under my coat (33" waist) with the hold down strap run through the loop on the waist cumberbun strap (under the spreader bar/bar pad) cynched down as tight as possible. This has been working well for me, it allows the bar to flex up and down but keeps the harness low where it's comfortable. I agree instructions for set up would have been nice.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:16 pm