[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Snowkiting Forum - View topic - Colorado Snow Kite Rodeo
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:26 am

Colorado Snow Kite Rodeo 

Post Colorado Snow Kite Rodeo
Greetings~
We are trying to organize a Snow Kite Rodeo for March 2013 and would like assistance in planning the event. Having never been a part of an event like this I am eager to learn more and get in touch with the right people to make it happen! Our location is Northern Colorado, in Walden, CO. We are in a high mountain glacial plain and the winds here are fantastic. I look forward to hearing from anyone that can share details on these events!
Jamie Brown
North Park Visitors Bureau
Marketing Director

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Post Re: Colorado Snow Kite Rodeo
See if you can get Red Bull involved. They seem to have some good PR and influence with kiteboarding. This 90 sec. clip features an endurance race they help out with.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi Jamie,

There's a pretty strong snowkite community in Colorado that might be able to support you. Anton operates Colorado Kite Force located in Silverthorne, CO. James Brown at Outreach Media would also be a good contact.

Good luck!

- Eric

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks for the advice from you both. We appreciate it! If you can think of any other info to share we are so grateful!!

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Wow that just made my day! I'm SO down with this. I'm currently living in Great Falls, Montana, and have been going to the Rodeo here for the last 7 years. I'm working on a plan to move to Fort Collins this winter and I don't intend to snowkite any less. :D I've been researching the area, and even visited Walden last month to check it out. It looks like it could be really good. My only hope is that it doesn't overlap the Montana snowkite rodeo, but I don't know if we have dates or a plan yet. Jamie, are you located in Walden?

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:32 pm